DIY Member-Only Content
An Association Engine for netFORUM’s shortcode and your fine content is all that is needed to
provide ‘their-eyes-only’ text, images, and even entire blocks of on-screen functionality to your valuable members.
Association Engine client, Industrial Fabrics Association International, needed to post renewal reminder to members on the membership description page.
IFAI uses site banner messaging – blue background boxes to display positive messages, red background boxes for errors. Users click the banner to remove the message from the screen, to increase odds that the message will be understood and acted upon. Banner message = fantastic renew reminder.
To implement the member-only message, an IFAI colleague bookended the styled message between shortcodes.
[associationengine_member_only]*To renew your membership, please log-in.
Its Your Turn – DIY
As with all DIY projects, assemble materials before building. Required items are:
- A WordPress page or post
- Opening [associationengine_member_only] and closing [/associationengine_member_only] shortcodes
- Just for members content
Step by Step Build Instructions
Now you are ready to build. Some people – harrumph – feel step one is optional.
- Put on your favorite development jam
- Log to the WP Dashboard
- Navigate & open up a page or post
- Type or paste in content – text, images, links, audio, video. Feel free to fancy it up with html or css. Any standard web content type can be members-only.
- Bookend that content with [associationengine_member_only] & [/associationengine_member_only]
- Save and view the page or post. Login as a member, logout.
If you couldn’t see your member only content without being logged in as a member – Bravo! Brilliant! Job well done!
If you can see the member only content and are not logged in as a member, check to make sure your ‘code block’ looks something like this:
[associationengine_member_only] Only this text content will be seen by my members. Substitute your content in here. [/associationengine_member_only]